Community Supplies vs. Individual Supplies. A very hot topic on the Facebook teacher boards and it's one that I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to.
So let's see. How do you decide? What are the pros and cons of them both? What grade level do you teach? What are the socio-economic status of the area in which you teach?...These are just a few questions that you can think of as a teacher that can lead your towards supplies, handling them and *replinishing them*.
So let's dicuss: Pros vs. Cons.
- Everyone always has access to supplies that are needed.
- Students are asked to practice sharing.
- Germy? LOL...It is though
- You are responsible for replacing them.
- They fight over them.
- They steal them. (Could just be my class, EVERY YEAR)
- They keep up with them.
- Their parent's replace them.
- It teaches them responsibility.
- No stealing
- Don't really have any personal cons.