Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday Made It

I've been having quite a relaxing summer.  Haven't done much but I am definitely well rested.  I'm linking up today with 4th Grade Frolics for another Made It Monday.


One more week and I'm still not able to get into my classroom as of yet.  Renovations are still not complete.  I have been completing as much as I can at home.

The first thing I've done this summer is made a scope and sequence for all subjects.  Proper planning can't begin if you don't know what you are teaching.  I'm going to a new school this year and the district's website actually had their scope and sequence posted for everything but reading and grammar. Click the picture.

 

Ooooh, I love this next project.  I found the paper on here on Pinterest.  I had these binder clips already from Dollar Tree and got some Modge Podge from the Dollar Spot in Target and BAM.....
These were born.
I stuck them back in the back so they could dry.

 I decided to work on a rounding unit activity pack to go with our first math standard. 3.NBT.1 Rounding
     

You can check that out here on TPT also there is a Rounding Interactive Notebook Freebie here.

Lastly, I made these really cool Back 2 School Handbooks that I found here on TPT.  I took out some of the pages, added some clip art and edited one of the pages for a Meet the Teacher Page.  Bright colors hurt my eyes so I went with some pastel colored paper I had at home.  I love them.


One more thing I must share.  I have 2 pools in my community for residence use and this summer I have not gone swimming.  I went today and I actually got in the water to swim a few laps.  I'm not a swimmer, I was never officially taught how to swim but over the years I've taught myself a few techniques.  It's amazingly relaxing and I think I will try and make that apart of my routine at least 3 days a week until the close the pool after Labor Day.  :-)  

Good night!



7 comments:

  1. I'm moving to third grade this year and am very excited but a little nervous about all of the new curriculum! I love your binder clips! I bought washi tape and clips for my own kiddos to decorate for me!
    Sarah
    Teacher Mom of 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to love 3rd. I taught 1st last year and 3rd the year before. I begged to go back to 3rd.

      Delete
    2. You are going to love 3rd. I taught 1st last year and 3rd the year before. I begged to go back to 3rd.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I love how cute your curriculum plans are-- that's on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've been writing all over them. 😩😩

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I've been writing all over them. 😩😩

      Delete