Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tackling those Multiplication and Division Word Problems

It's been awhile and a very interesting school year so far.  I was dreading moving to third grade this summer.  The school year began and I was hating third grade, literally.  I was so sad, I couldn't adjust and I just felt like my year was going to be miserable.  Now I am slowly moving into an acceptance and understanding of my third graders.  They are a cool bunch of kids with awesome personalities.  

I realized that I was expecting too much from them and at the end of the day, I was overwhelming them and frustrating myself because they couldn't keep up.  I began teaching third grade just like I taught my 1st graders.  

So last, I was reviewing my lesson plan book and looking at our upcoming interactive journal activities.  I saw that we were beginning our multiplication and division word problem standard.  I knew I would need to create an interactive journal entry for them to write down there key words and strategies.  So I decided to come up with this small multiplication and division activity pack that included an interactive journal entry activity.  TPT


This activity went so well in my classroom today.  I can't wait to post pictures of their journal entries.



No comments:

Post a Comment