Sunday, September 1, 2013

Center Ideas and back to school

It's so busy with school starting back.  Just ended week 3 and now I feel like I can breath. I'm slowly getting into the hang of things with 3rd graders.  I'm still working out the kinks with my reading and math centers and hopefully going into September they will start to flow a bit smoother.  I have a small group of really low students who have been struggling to keep up with the 3rd grade materials and readings.  I have been racking my brain to come up with a system that will include them in centers but give them materials that are able to work on independently while I'm with a guided reading group.  I just so happened to walk into one of teammates classrooms and saw these hanging on the wall:
In them she had phonics and fluency centers for her small groups with a color sticker on the bag that matches each group. For example: (blue group had a blue sticker on their bag).  This way each group can grab the bag that was appropriate for their group.   

I have been doing my own version of daily 5 and this is a great way to differentiate my centers.  I also have plenty of small gift bags that I will using to store their stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment