Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Top Ten Classroom Must Haves

Just got in from a school related training. Oh, the reality that school is starting back very soon is slowly kicking in.  I decided to check out some blogs and possibly get started on making some anchor charts and came across this awesome link party that I will be continuing.

I am joining Courtney at Swimming in Second for her new Link Party, "Top Ten Tuesdays".  This week is Top Ten Classroom Must Haves.  Let's see if I can think of 10.


1.  My all time must have is my laminator.  

 
This has been the best investment ever.  I will laminate stuff right in the middle of class.  I just love it.

2.  My interwrite board
When I was told I was moving to 3rd grade from 1st, my first comment was, "oh no they don't have interwrite boards".  Thankfully, the county decided to upgrade and installed brand new boards at the end of the year, in all classrooms.  YAY!

3.  Fresh MARKERS

I purchase so many of markers during back to school when they are $.50 a pack.  I love making anchor charts using fresh markers.

4.  Sticky Notes
I have sticky notes everywhere and use them for everything.

5.  Glue Adhesive
If you have not tried this spray glue adhesive, YOU MUST.  I used it last year and never have I had anything fall off the wall.  Its sticks with no residue.

6.  My planner/gradebook/calendar

I dont have it right here to take a picture of, but having my gradebook and planner together really saves me time.  As well as my calendar

7.  Blue and Green Dollar Tree Baskets

It's an addiction.  I must have them.

8. Pinterest
When I need an idea for an anchor chart or anything, I pull up pinterest.

9.  Wicker Chair
I just love my $5 wicker chair I got off craigslist and spray painted white.  It has a nice pillow now.  I sit in it during carpet time. The kids love it too.

10.  Lap Trays
I love these.  I can turn any corner into a center with lap trays.

So what your must haves?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I have never thought of using spray adhesive for sticking things to walls. Genius idea! I love that you use those lap trays for centers. I'm going to have to try that too!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Courtney. The spray adhesive is sticky when it gets on your hands but it works great other things. The lap trays are awesome. I place all the materials in the side cups or in a basket underneath.

      Delete